Canaan E. Himmelbaum, Esq., of Advanced Discovery, will be speaking at the Perrin Food Litigation Conference titled Challenges Facing the Food and Beverage Industries in Complex Consumer Litigations, in Chicago on April 8, 2014.
Advanced Discovery is pleased to announce Canaan E. Himmelbaum, Esq., vice president of sales at Advanced Discovery, will be on the panel, “The Changing Class Action Landscape: What are the National Trends, Best Practices and Developing Claims,” at the upcoming Perrin Food Litigation Conference in Chicago on April 8, 2014.
Canaan has played an integral role in rolling out the Food Litigation eDiscovery Initiative at Advanced Discovery and continues to assist food and beverage companies with their ongoing needs. Prior to his position at Advanced Discovery, Canaan practiced law for eight years as both in-house and outside counsel. He’s written on Food Litigation topics, including his recent contribution to the article, “Leveraging Early Case Assessment for Food Industry Litigation.”
“The Changing Class Action Landscape: What are the National Trends, Best Practices and Developing Claims” will address the following topics:
- The current state of food labeling class action litigation, including future expectations
- The most popular targets of plaintiff class actions in the food industry now
- eDiscovery as it relates to food and beverage litigation – how to utilize early case assessment, save money as it relates to discovery and know the steps to take when faced with large-scale discovery
- Recent developments related to defenses in food labeling class action litigation, such as preemption and the primary jurisdiction defense
- With GMO legislation, will there be an increase in the FDA’s enforcement activities in the food industry, and how will recent proposed labeling changes affect current and future class action litigation against the food industry?
- The latest on possible tobacco-like suits against the food industry by state attorneys general, and whether there is a legitimate threat in the future
- Jesse David, PhD, Edgeworth Economics, LLC, Los Angeles
- Canaan E. Himmelbaum, Esq., Advanced Discovery, New York
- Adam J. Levitt, Esq., Grant & Eisenhofer PA, Chicago
- R. Trent Taylor, Esq., McGuire Woods LLP, Richmond, VA
- Charles C. Sipos, Esq., Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA
For more information about the Perrin Food Litigation Conference in Chicago on April 8, 2014, please visit parrinconferences.com
About Advanced Discovery:
Advanced Discovery is a leading provider of eDiscovery services to clients worldwide in both the legal and corporate communities. Our services include computer forensics, electronic discovery, early case assessment, web hosting, document review and paper discovery. Advanced Discovery offers technology solutions that assist law firms and corporations to quickly and accurately reduce vast amounts of electronically stored information into essential and searchable data sets, effectively providing a high-value product at a low comparative cost. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Advanced Discovery maintains locations in Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, Orange County, Century City (California), Dallas, Austin (Texas), Chicago, Overland Park (Kansas), Washington DC and New York City. More information is available at http://www.advanceddiscovery.com.
PR Web News Release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11678003.htm