Don’t miss out on these exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunities in our London office.
Please apply in writing by sending your CV and a covering letter or email outlining why you should be considered for our open roles to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Discovery is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Our U.K.-Based Open Positions
Senior eDiscovery Consultant
We are recruiting for a Senior eDiscovery Consultant to join our highly successful and growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a focused and experienced eDiscovery subject matter expert. The eDiscovery Consulting team are fee earners and involved in client engagement and the pre-sales process from an expert and advisory perspective.
Senior eDiscovery Consultant:
Advanced Discovery is looking for senior candidates who have 5+ years’ experience in the eDiscovery industry and can bring subject matter expertise to any of the following areas:
Legal Process and Requirements
- eDiscovery rules, guidance, practice, cases, directives etc. That is, the body of rules and best practice that apply to different types of legal matters and jurisdictions.
- Data privacy and jurisdictional issues associated with collection, processing and review of electronic documents across national boundaries.
- An understanding of the legal processes associated with different courts, tribunals, jurisdictions etc. and how documents are used in such processes. This includes an ability to ‘speak the language’ of lawyers, barristers, judges etc.
- An understanding of different areas of legal practice and the types of issues that arise in relation to digital forensics, eDiscovery etc. For instance, understanding the requirements associated with regulatory investigations in the financial services sector as compared to say international mediation on a construction matter.
Digital Forensics and Investigations, IT and Security
- Formal forensic training in and experience of process and technology in relation to scoping, collection, analysis of data in an eDiscovery context
- Experience of investigating data in a forensic context including advising lawyers as to approach, limitations, costs etc.
- General IT knowledge and in particular being able to lead/assist with data mapping requirements
- Expertise in IT security with a view to reassuring potential customers that we have the processes and measures in place to safeguard their data. This includes and understand if ISO27001 and equivalent information security standards.
Analytics and Review/Investigation Workflows
- Extensive hands on experience using Relativity and other eDiscovery software applications for processing, searching, review, production etc. Ideally an RCA or equivalent qualification.
- A thorough understanding of the current and emerging advanced search and analysis technologies and the statistical science and IT that underlies such technologies.
- Advanced skills and consultative experienced leveraging advanced analytics/predictive coding etc. technologies to improve the speed, effectiveness and efficiency of investigations and review/disclosure projects.
All candidates will bring the following soft-skills:
- Act without precedent. Capable of and interested in assimilating market knowledge, customer feedback, research etc. to formulate ideas and strategies to improve the business.
- Ability to draft correspondence, presentations etc. in order to communicate complex ideas to (lawyers) and thereby demonstrate the company’s credentials and assist with winning new business.
- Presentation skills – able to meet with and present to clients and prospects.
- To seek input from and co-ordinate expertise from other staff so as to define creative/effective solutions to eDiscovery challenges. Also, to cost such solutions so that the sales team can price and pitch thereafter.
- Ability to impart expertise (verbal, face to face and in writing) and establish credibility to reassure customers and prospects as to your skills.
- Deliver product demonstrations where circumstances are such that there is a need for a higher level of expertise (not for general Relativity demonstrations which the sales or project management team are expected to deliver).
The Key Responsibilities of the Consulting Team:
- To be included on sales meetings / pitches / tenders for high value and/or complex matters.
- To be instrumental in increasing sales and client relationships and growth through leading with consultancy, providing advice and differentiating Advanced Discovery’s offering.
- Consultants guide clients on approach (educate them to make informed decisions) unless we are explicitly engaged to be the ‘experts’.
- We will be able to hand hold clients through specific parts of matters where advice and support is needed above that of the capability of the project managers.
- Will draft external material such as blogs, workflows and white papers so as to raise Advanced Discovery’s profile for expertise in the market.
- Will lead with marketing and market opportunities such as sitting on panels.
- In order to achieve the above Consultancy sits on the sales side of Advanced Discovery’s business, however must be able to understand the practical versus hypothetically possibilities in relation to delivery.
- eDiscovery expertise and skills must be of a level to advise others, to make decisions with consideration to best practice, risk and service whilst maintaining ownership of decisions.
- Must have worked in an eDiscovery delivery role for a minimum of 3 years and been in the eDiscovery industry for 5 years.
- Must have industry relevant certifications such as Relativity Expert or Master Status, Forensics Degree or ENCE Certification; Law Degree with contentious disputes practicing experience.
How to Apply
Please apply in writing by sending your CV and a covering letter or email outlining your area of speciality (from the list above) including the reasons why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com.
Advanced Discovery is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Advanced Discovery’s eDiscovery team is expanding and we are looking to hire more project managers. Our project managers will be very hands-on in the coordination and delivery of Advanced Discovery’s eDiscovery services which include data collection, management, document review (in Relativity), and document productions. Our team are the most qualified users of Relativity in the UK market. Our clients often describe the project management team as what sets us apart from our competitors.
A project manager at Advanced Discovery needs to have the balance of qualifications (ie legal qualifications and a current RCA status) and experience working at a law firm or international consultancy firm, but most importantly they are customer service focussed, high performers who can multi-task and deliver friendly, accurate and responsive service to our clients.
Day to day tasks will include, for example, project administration, client communication, timeline and task management to deadlines, budget and cost management, active use of Relativity to create fields, views, layouts, searching, performing overlays, productions and exports. To deliver Advanced Discovery’s service to the highest standards, you will need to have a willingness to work hard and have high personal performance expectations. You will be part of a large team and will be supported in a collaborative and friendly environment.
The ideal candidate will have two or more years’ experience working in a law firm or large consultancy firm. We are looking for candidates that have a proven record of following through on commitments, are proactive, have an analytical mind and can adjust quickly to changing priorities whilst coping effectively with complexity and change.
Why Advanced Discovery?
You will have a chance to work on interesting and complicated eDiscovery cases both small and large to develop your skills and expertise. Advanced Discovery’s culture is of fun combined with hard work. Our offices are open plan allowing you direct contact with our experts and the management team in a collaborative way that will help you become the best in your field. Our main office is based in Wapping with low cost parking available nearby as well as great public transport links to all areas of London.
There will be opportunities for career advancement in the areas of consulting, business development or general business management. eDiscovery is a rapidly growing market, with the skills learned being transferrable internationally for example the USA and Australia.
- Must have 2 or more years’ experience working in a law firm in a dispute or litigation environment.
- Must have a current Relativity Certified Administrator qualification (that can be verified by kCura) or a law degree.
- Client communication skills. Must be articulate on the phone, in writing communication and face to face in relation to answering client questions, advising on options including costs and timescales, managing client expectations.
- Must show competencies listed above.
- Must be able to multi-task, be highly motivated, organised and ability to work both independently and within team
- Highly IT literate with strong use of Excel, or database products.
- Willingness to seek greater level of responsibility as role progresses
- 1 or more years’ experience practicing in the field of eDiscovery.
- Experience of using eDiscovery and/or document review tools such as Relativity, Recommind, Clearwell and/or Nuix
- Client facing experience
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email your CV and a covering letter that explains some of the reasons why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Discovery is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Administration Assistant - eDiscovery
Advanced Discovery is regularly engaged on highly complex legal and regulatory matters both in the UK and internationally. In order to continue to deliver a true end-to-end service, from forensic collection through to production and trial support, Advanced Discovery’s London Office is recruiting to grow its Document Review team.
The Administration Assistant will work primarily within our Review Department, assisting the Review Manager to coordinate and deliver on all aspects of a document review project from team selection through to quality control, and will be responsible for all administration associated with these projects. The Administration Assistant will also provide support to the sales and consulting teams where necessary.
- To ensure the effective administration of all review projects from start to finish.
- To ensure repeat business is won from Advanced Discovery’s review clients by delivering an outstanding service.
- To serve as the secondary point of contact for Advanced Discovery’s clients during document review projects.
- Work alongside other teams within Advanced Discovery to ensure a seamless service.
- Manage Advanced Discovery’s database of review candidates and respond to all general candidate queries.
- Assist the Review Manager in placing advertisements for new projects and triaging the responses.
- Correspond with reviewers to confirm placement on projects and ensure necessary paperwork is completed prior to a review project starting.
- Timekeeping and invoicing on all review projects.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work on more than one project at a time, and across more than one team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in writing by sending your CV and a covering letter or email outlining why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com
Applications will close on 8 August 2017